Buy Ambien Amazon
Grooming is about more than keeping your pup beautiful and clean-smelling, although that’s certainly an obvious benefit. Keeping your pet well-groomed helps keep them comfortable, clean, and healthy.
Bath time can be used as a regular tool to stay aware of your pet’s health and body. Regular grooming can help keep track of any lumps, bumps, and injuries, while eliminating mats and parasites. Dog acne, skin allergies, and tear staining are all issues that can be helped with a regular bathing routine.
It may seem a little silly to talk about how to bathe your dog, but many first-time pet owners typically have a lot of questions!
Buy Ambien Amazon
A sink, bathtub, walk-in shower, or outside hose works fine! We can understand how difficult this can be when your dog shakes in the house or when cold temperatures make outside bathing impossible. That’s why we offer a self-serve dog wash at our location, complete with towels, shampoo and conditioner, a blower for drying, and a mat in the tub to prevent slipping.
Tips + Tricks
- If you don’t have a hose or a handheld sprayer, use a small container. Fill it up and pour it over them gently to wet and rinse.
- Keep a towel on your dog’s back to keep them from shaking water everywhere!
- Put a filter or a piece of steel wool in the drain to catch the dog hair.
- Use a towel or bath mat in the bottom of the tub so they feel more secure and don’t slip.
- Make sure all soap is rinsed out! Leftover soap can make their skin dry and itchy.
- Try not to pour water over their head. This will prevent ear infections, eye irritation, and will help keep them calm. Instead, carefully use a wet wash cloth on their face.
- Use a brush or rubber curry while their coat is soapy to help remove dead and shedding coat.
- If bath time is scary to your pet, the loud sound of running water can make it worse. Fill the tub up beforehand and only run the water when necessary.
- Use lots of treats and praise to reward good behavior and let them know baths can be a positive experience.
- Before the bath, thoroughly brush them to remove all tangles and mats.
- Wet the animal with lukewarm water, avoiding the eyes and inside of ears.
- Make sure to use a shampoo formulated for your pet’s needs. Do not use human shampoo or dish soap.
- When applying the shampoo, begin on the back and massage to create a light foam. Remember to clean their neck, undercarriage, in any folds and wrinkles, and behind ear flaps. While shampooed and soapy, use a rubber curry or brush to help remove any dead and shedding coat.
- Rinse until the water runs clear, making sure all soap is rinsed out.
- Dermatology shampoos sometimes require a second application during which the product needs to stand for at least five minutes before rinsing. During this time, you can distract by spreading peanut butter on the side of the tub. Yum!
- You can towel-dry them, and if well-accepted, you can use a hairdryer at the coolest temperature setting. Making sure they dry off completely will prevent hot spots and weird odors. Take your dog for a walk to dry them out and remember to reward them with treats and praise!
Products We Carry
We carry a range of products to make bathing your dog at home easier. These products are also great for maintaining their coat, teeth, and ears at home between grooms.
- Furr Soothe shampoo, a soap-free, aloe and oatmeal shampoo great for sensitive skin.
- Slicker or rubber curry brush
- Furr Ear Soothe Plus ear cleaner
- Furr Dental gel and toothbrushes
And when bathing your dog on your own proves to be too much of a hassle, call and schedule an appointment for our Bath + Brush Package!
Bath + Brush Package
• Bath with high quality clarifying shampoo
• Hypo-allergenic and tear-free face wash
• Blow-dry and brush out
• Nail trim
• Ear cleaning
• Complimentary Wellness Exam (where we check your pet’s eyes, ears, teeth, skin, and weight) to ensure they are at their best, as well as, to keep you informed on anything abnormal.